1) What is a professional organizer?
According to the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO), a professional organizer helps individuals and businesses take control of their surroundings, their time, their paper, and their systems for life.
2) Do I really need a professional organizer?
We all like to do things we enjoy, but if it’s a task that seems frustrating, boring, or overwhelming we tend to procrastinate, if not totally avoid it. Organizing can be an emotional process, and it is helpful to have someone else work with you to make the decisions that need to be made – or to just get you started!
3) Why hire a professional organizer? I could organize myself, if I just make the time.
You answered your own question! Sometimes it’s not that you would have trouble organizing; it’s that you don’t have the time to do it yourself. Think of it like this: Have you ever thought about or have ever hired a landscaping company to do your lawn and/or a cleaning service to clean your house every two weeks? Organizing your home, office, and life is just as important as maintaining your yard. If neglected, they each quickly grow out of control and cause you unnecessary stress and anxiety.
4) How do you charge for your services?
Every client receives a FREE consultation which will help determine the scope of the project. All work is hourly, with a one hour minimum, based on physical time spent with a client.
5) What happens during a consultation?
We come to your home or business to assess your problem areas. We discuss what is working and not working and offer free organizing tips. Then goals, plans, time frames, and the steps to move forward are discussed in detail.
6) How can I be sure my information is confidential?
All conversations, materials, paperwork, and projects discussed are held in the strictest of confidence.
7) Do I work along side the professional organizer during the sessions?
We will establish a plan that works best for you and either execute it together or individually, depending on your needs.
8) How long will it take to get organized?
It depends on what you want to accomplish. Some clients may want long-term changes or assistance, which involves ongoing work. Others may simply want to address a single project.
9) I just need help once in a while to keep my home in working order; can you help me with that?
Absolutely! Our goal is to make your life a little easier. We can help reduce the stress and clutter in your life so you have time for other things.
10) Do I have to get rid of my furniture or buy organizing items?
No. We will work with what you currently have and may suggest items that will help, but all purchases are completely optional.